We believe every child should leave school prepared for life in modern Britain. That’s why we think it’s vital to give children the opportunity to develop key employability skills that will help them when they are eventually employed. Castilion incorporates enterprise learning into our curriculum to help children learn about the workplace and to inspire them to reach their full potential.
They develop key skills they need not only for the world of work but also for day to day life including:
- An understanding of how business works
- The ability to work in a team
- Improved communication skills
- Increased enthusiasm and self-confidence
- Willingness to take responsibility and show initiative
- Time management
- Effective work and social skills
Throughout the year children develop their enterprise through a variety of activities. Enterprise Learning week is held in the Summer term. In 2016, volunteers from the Young Enterprise scheme supported the children with their understanding of Enterprise. The volunteers came from a variety of business backgrounds. This year the majority of volunteers came from Goldman Sachs.